Email marketing is a potent but occasionally underestimated asset in a business’s toolkit.
Not only can email marketing help engage and update your audience, but it can also aid in converting interested participants in your business to actual customers through informative and targeted content. Another added benefit is it can remind current or past customers about services you offer they may have forgotten about, and even further, it can help convey your brand’s culture to your audience. Yet, if you’re still on the fence or not convinced about the power of email marketing, check out these five stats that prove just how effective email communications can be for your business.
1. According to Content Marketing Institute, 81% of B2B marketers say their most used form of content marketing is email newsletters.
If you thought email marketing was better suited for B2C businesses, then you thought wrong. The most appealing aspect of email marketing, particularly email newsletters, is that nearly every company has valuable content to share with their customers. Topics like seasonal services, promotions, philanthropic initiatives, and event participation are all potentially engaging pieces to add to a newsletter.
2. Constant Contact reports that more than half of the world’s population (over 4.2 billion people) were active email users globally in 2022, and that figure is expected to rise to 4.7 billion in 2026.
Wondering where your customers are? They’re online! Part of the reason email marketing produces such great results is because so many people use it, no matter their demographics. While audience demographics can differ greatly amongst other communication channels like social media, email is consistently used, making it a great way to connect with a diverse group of customers.
3. 81% of people prefer to open emails on their smartphones, according to an article by OptinMonster.
A successful email marketing campaign requires more than just engaging content; where and how your users view your emails are also crucial factors to consider. While your email layout may look great on your desktop when you create it, you could be missing most of your audience if it’s difficult to navigate or doesn’t present well on a smartphone. Hence, collaborating with a marketing team that is capable of designing a layout suitable for both desktop and mobile displays is regarded as a recommended approach.
4. For every $1 you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $40, according to Oberlo. You may be surprised to learn that this is more than SEO and keyword advertising, which, in comparison, have returns of $22.24 and $17.00, respectively.
Despite its “old school” status, you’d be interested to know that email marketing is still producing compelling ROI. It also offers more opportunities for backlinks to other marketing efforts, such as highlighting social media channels, text campaigns, etc., that can all contribute to added reach.
5. According to a report by Litmus, only 25% of companies think they are tracking email ROI adequately.
If you’re not tracking your ROI sufficiently, knowing whether email marketing works for your business is impossible. That’s why it’s essential to enlist the help of a marketing agency that not only helps with email design and lead tracking but also does in-depth analytics reporting to determine what’s working and what can be improved so you get the most out of your investment.
Looking to launch a newsletter? Or perhaps you want to ensure your business maximizes the use of your email contacts? Rizco is here to assist! We have extensive experience creating email newsletters and campaigns for clients in a range of industries, including healthcare, nonprofit, flooring, fashion, and landscape products, to name a few. Have a concept for your next email? We’re eager to learn about it!
Or subscribe to our newsletter, Swell, to see what all the email marketing fuss is about!