In the second installment of our “Getting to Know” series, we are spotlighting Rizco’s Senior Account Manager, Kerri Ehrmantraut!
How Kerri Got Her Start at Rizco
Kerri just celebrated her third year anniversary with Rizco. Prior to her time here, Kerri was handling public relations at Weber Shandwick in New York City, where she came into contact with Debra Rizzi when Rizco handled the design work for her clients. Upon becoming a stay-at-home mom and freelancing, Deb contracted Kerri to work at Rizco as a freelancer. Several years later when she was ready to go back to work, Kerri came on board as a permanent employee.
You Can Take the Girl Out of Brooklyn …
Kerri was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., and moved to New Jersey right before high school. She graduated from Brick Memorial High School, in Brick, N.J., and then went on to study English Literature and journalism at Montclair State University in Little Falls, N.J. (she always knew that she wanted to be a writer in some capacity!). At MSU, she also served as vice president and social chair of Phi Sigma Pi (National Honor Fraternity) – she’s also a great event planner! Upon graduation, she immediately went to work in New York City handling beauty and consumer accounts at both boutique and worldwide public relations agencies for over 10 years. Though she’s been a “Jersey Girl” ever since, she does still keep in touch with her grammar school friends – and every so often, that Brooklyn slips out!
It’s All About Family
Kerri says she enjoys the variety that a day at Rizco can bring because every day is different. Most days are filled with brainstorming and strategy planning and other important aspects of her job include drafting press releases, developing content for websites, and leading social media management.
Kerri is grateful to have a job that allows her to have flexibility in her schedule. This allows her to split her time between her family and her career. In the summer, she likes to go to the beach, go out on the boat, or eat dinner and BBQ outside with her family. Ah – Jersey things.
Speaking of her family, Kerri has two sons, AJ and Owen, and a daughter Juliana, who is just 4 years old. She also has a French bulldog, Brett (named for Brett Favre – yup Packers fans in her house!), who she can’t help but admire. “He has the life!” she says. This year, Kerri is looking forward to her daughter’s first dance recital the upcoming baseball season with the boys and her husband, Art.
More fun facts about Kerri:
- Kerri’s first job ever? McDonald’s!
- Kerri’s go-to band or artist when she can’t decide on something to listen to? Pitbull!
- Kerri loves to run in the Spring Lake 5 – she enjoys it as an official kick-off to summer and likes a good morning out with her girlfriends. “This will be my fifth Spring Lake 5 with the same group of friends – it’s now tradition!”
- Speaking of running, Kerri enjoys a run 2 or 3 mornings per week. That’s a lot of running!
- Chocolate or vanilla: “Soft Vanilla – with fresh strawberries on top!”
- Kerri’s life slogan is: Choice, not chance, determines your destiny. “It’s so true in all phases of your life!”
- If she had to choose between social media or TV and Movies, Kerri has this to say: “If you ask my kids, they would say that I couldn’t live without social media. So, I’d have to say TV/Movies.”
Have more questions for Kerri? Email her: Kerri@rizco.com.